Office Closure Resources for Orthodontists
In an effort to support our doctors during this time we have provided some resources below.
The AAO’s recommended steps for Office Closure.
Discounted and Free training resources.
Project ideas for Staff to do while working virtual.
Free Educational Webinars on industry topics.
Office Closure Steps
- Notify your employees: Access HR-related information that the AAO has compiled, which includes a variety of recommendations regarding the coronavirus and team members.
- Develop a process and assign responsibilities for notifying patients and re-scheduling appointments.
- Notify your patients:
- Notify any other key suppliers, especially those that may have pending or regularly scheduled shipments
- Reschedule appointments.
- If patients will be called by your team for re-scheduling, clearly state such information in your closure announcement so you are leading the charge, and patients aren’t all trying to call and re-schedule at once.
- Mitigate the long-term financial impact on your practice and utilize AAO financial resources related to COVID-19.
- Stay in touch. Keep your patients and team members informed with virtual meetings and social media.
- Explore these 5 free virtual meeting tools & educate yourself on cyber security measures for orthodontic offices during this time.
- Share AAO blog “My Orthodontist’s Office is Closed. What Does That Mean for my Treatment?” with your patients.
- Consider other fun ideas, like sending handwritten notes or calling patients to check in.
- Monitor the AAO’s COVID-19 Resource Center for updated information daily and keep an eye on recommendations and news from health agencies.
- CDC information related to case counts by state (updated regularly);
- State and territorial health department websites;
- State and provincial dental boards
- American Dental Association compilation: State Governor and State Society Position Statements (3/18)
- Earn continuing education credit. Now is a great time to stay connected with the orthodontic community virtually. Explore our upcoming educational opportunities.
- Prepare for when you reopen.
tops Services Tips
Things are changing everyday, and the way you use your services will have to change with it.
Click on the icons below for tips and information on how to use them best during the next couple weeks.