tops Software Releases New iPad App
topsCheck-In for iPad™ allows patients to check in with the touch of a finger ATLANTA, Aug. 19, 2012—It’s said that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. For a patient who visits an orthodontic practice, that first impression comes during check-in. So it’s important that a patient’s check-in experience goes smoothly.
Now tops Software is launching topsCheck-In for iPad™, a software application that is designed to streamline the check-in process for both patients and practices. A patient simply touches the iPad screen to check in. Once the patient has checked in, all the computers running topsOrtho software update immediately—in less than a second. This allows every member of an orthodontic practice to see who has checked in, as soon as it happens. “Our new topsCheck-In for iPad app will lead to a smoother check-in process,” says Dr. Mark Sanchez, tops Software founder and CEO. “Patients intuitively know how to use an iPad; even young children understand how to interact with the touch screen.” To run topsCheck-In for iPad, an orthodontic practice needs the following:
- Any iPad running iOS 5 (even a first-generation iPad)
- A Wi-Fi connection
- The most current version of topsOrtho software
Practices that are already running topsOrtho will discover that topsCheck-In for iPad is easier to set up and use than other options. Orthodontic practices that switch to topsOrtho may also find that topsCheck-In for iPad is less expensive than other setups (such as a computer, monitor, and keyboard). The topsCheck-In for iPad app is available for free to tops customers who are currently running topsOrtho version 5.0, which tops Software issued in February 2012. Version 5.0 of topsOrtho automates many tasks, including the following:
- An interactive 3D tooth chart, which improves patient elastics compliance
- New patient communication and appointment reminder preferences
- The ability to e-mail statements en masse
- Electronic processing for insurance claims, including a feature that checks claims for accuracy
“topsOrtho customers can already access their information using their iPads, with our topsEcho app,” Sanchez adds. “This is just one more way that tops customers can show that they are among the elite practices in orthodontics.” About tops Software tops Software provides a suite of state-of-the-art orthodontic software:
- topsOrtho™ is the leading Mac-based orthodontic practice management and imaging system.
- topsCephMate™ is an easy-to-use, intuitive digital cephalometric tracing and treatment simulation program.
- topsEcho™ for the iPhone and iPad provides up-to-the-minute access to patient information and images, schedules, referrals, treatment notes, and more.