tops Software Turns 21
Company celebrates 21st anniversary with ‘happy hour’ pricing and new location
ATLANTA, Dec. 27, 2013—In the United States, turning 21 means you’re old enough to drink and buy alcohol (legally, that is). So tops Software is has been celebrating its 21st birthday with a “happy hour” of sorts. The company has also moved its headquarters office to Atlanta from nearby Marietta, Ga. In honor of the milestone, tops Software has been offering both prospective and existing customers special 21st anniversary pricing on topsOrtho™, topsCephMate™, and topsEcho™ software since Oct. 1. The offer ends Dec. 31. In conjunction with the anniversary, the company’s headquarters office has moved near the proposed site of the new Atlanta Braves baseball stadium. The new address is:
tops Software 3101 Towercreek Parkway SE, Suite 680 Atlanta, GA 30339
“Most companies celebrate their 20- or 25-year anniversaries,” says Dr. Mark Sanchez, founder and CEO of tops Software. “But we decided that turning 21 was a bigger deal for us. We’re finally legal!” Dr. Sanchez, a practicing orthodontist, launched tops Software when he couldn’t find a good computer program to help manage his new practice. The company’s history includes the following milestones:
- 1992: Dr. Mark Sanchez writes topsOrtho on his beloved Mac.
- 2001: Dr. Sanchez enlists a world-class programming team to develop the second-generation
- version of his practice management software on the powerful UNIX platform.
- 2004: tops Software releases topsXtremeTM at no charge to existing customers. tops Software introduces the first private-cloud computing to orthodontic practices.
- 2008: topsXtreme is renamed topsOrtho.
- 2009: tops Software releases its first cephalometric program, topsCephMate.
- 2010: tops Software releases its iPhone app, topsEcho.
- 2011: tops Software releases topsEcho for the iPad.
- 2012: tops Software releases topsCheck-In for iPad™ and topsCephMate version 3.0.
“Thanks to our customers, topsOrtho is the No. 1 Mac-based orthodontic practice management system,” Sanchez says. “We have a 99 percent customer-retention rate—a number that is unmatched in orthodontic practice management software. Plus, our customers have been enjoying cloud-based services since we we pioneered the private cloud in orthodontic practice management systems almost 10 years ago. But we’re not done innovating; we’ve got some things up our sleeves for 2014, too.” About tops Software Dr. Mark Sanchez founded Atlanta-based tops Software in 1992. The privately held company provides a suite of Mac-based orthodontic software:
- topsOrtho™, a practice management and imaging system
- topsCephMate™, a digital cephalometric tracing and treatment simulation program
- topsEcho™ for the iPhone and iPad, which provides real-time access to patient information and images, schedules, referrals, treatment notes and more
- topsCheck-In for iPad™, a patient check-in application